Friday, July 6, 2012

London - Day 6

I arrive in London at 7.40am and I am met by my cousin. First photo stop for the day is the Olympic rings at Heathrow Terminal 5.

Olympic Rings at Heathrow Terminal 5
I'm a Fan!!!
Next I stop at my cousins for a refresh and then head to Borough Market for lunch and a Strawberry Tart – yum!! 
Strawberry Tart - delicious!
Borough Market - Under the railway lines
By now I’m getting tired so I go for a walk along the Thames, stopping at Hays Galleria and Tower Bridge – to take another photo of Olympics rings (two in one day!!).  

Me with the Olympic Rings at Tower Bridge
Then I go to the Tate Modern to look at very strange artwork and to look out over the Thames toward St Pauls.
Is this art?? I think these were real birds
The view from the Tate Modern towards St Pauls
Then I met my cousin again and walked alongside the Thames back to where she lives. On the way we went past The Wheel, Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament.

The London Eye or Wheel
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament
Had Pizza for tea and watched a beautiful sunset over the Thames.
Sunset on the Thames

No comments: